Bird & Bird is an international legal practice comprising Bird & Bird LLP and its affiliated and associated businesses. For details of Bird & Bird, our offices and our members please see our firm’s site at www.twobirds.com.
This digitalbusiness.law blog differs from our firm’s site since it is hosted and content-managed separately. Please contact Bird & Bird through our firm’s site if you have any queries about the content on this blog.
Sharing the material on this blog
In the context of this blog the licence to recopy for limited purposes mentioned in the Copyright and Reproduction Notices means you may recopy extracted material to individual third parties for their personal use only, but only if:
- you do so on an occasional basis and free of charge;
- any copyright notices and the original website address (email@example.com) remain intact on all printed and electronic copies or, if not present on the original, you acknowledge this blog as the source of the material; and
- you inform the third party that these conditions apply to him or her; and
- the extracted material remains in complete and unmodified form.
This licence to recopy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation), no part of this blog may be distributed or recopied for any commercial purpose or for a fee.
Privacy and Cookies
Information collection and use through our website
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to use this blog. However, if you wish to take advantage of some of the more special, personalised services that we make available, you will need to provide certain information (as is the case with the newsletter subscription service).
Bird & Bird is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We do not sell, share, or transfer this information, except as set out in this statement. We use your information to improve our marketing, for administration and to provide legal services. If necessary, we may pass your information between our offices. Our offices are listed on this website and the list is updated as appropriate. We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting. In some cases that third party may receive your information. Furthermore, we may be required to disclose your information by any applicable law or regulation. However, at all times Bird & Bird will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
The types of information we collect through our website are described below. By using our website you consent to the collection and use of any personal information in the manner described.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s hard drive containing information about the user. The information below explains the cookies we use on our website and why we use them:
- Google Analytics cookies: we use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website, including details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website. We use the information to improve our website and enhance the experience of its visitors.
- ASP.Net cookie: we use this cookie to allow visitors to view the website without logging in as a registered user. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deactivated.
- Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies): we use Adobe Flash Player to deliver certain content. Local Shared Objects, otherwise known as Flash cookies, are used for this in order to check if your browser supports Flash.
You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
To subscribe for newsletters and news updates please register by completing our subscription form. To unsubscribe, use the facilities provided in each email sent.
For marketing purposes, we may monitor whether you open and/or click on URLs in our newsletters.
Social share functionality
Buttons under each blog post allow users to share the post on social media. Bird & Bird has no control over the use of any information provided by users or exchanged between parties through the use of the social share buttons.